Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (www.theIRC.org) is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation, protection, post-conflict development, resettlement services and advocacy for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. IRC is launching a long-term regional operation based in Baghdad, with regular visits to central and southern governorates of Iraq.
Under the direct supervision of Office Manager, the Supply Chain Officer is responsible to provide support and assistance to the IRC staff and programs in matters related to logistics and procurement. The duties of the Supply Chain Officer are many as summarized below:
- Responsible of all types of procurement to be carried out in accordance to IRC Iraq and donor-specific polices.
- Responsible of SC petty cash
- Understand, implement and maintain standard IRC asset management policies and procedures.
- Maintain and update Asset Register, including details of asset transfer, asset repairs, asset disposals, breakdowns and purchase of new assets and attractive items
- Ensure all assets are tagged and relevant forms are signed before issued to staff members or sent to the field offices
- Carry out quarterly spot checks for assets and inventory to ensure records are up-to-date for condition and location
- Support Field Offices in documenting the receipt, handling, storage, release and reporting of goods deposited at the IRC offices and stores/ warehouses
- Responsible of generators maintenance and fuel management. Make sure that Generators are functioning well and keeping them in good condition as well as supporting in managing the tracking of generators’ working hours and preparing the generators monthly reports.
- Responsible of warehouse management including Telecom (scratch cards warehousing).
- Supervise the drivers and update schedule of vehicle movements.
- Responsible of vehicles payments.
- Managing service contracts.
- Ensure all office and guesthouse furniture and inventory are accounted for and have inventory numbers
- Any other duties or tasks delegated by Office Manager.
- Assisting the program and other staff in raising PRs and provide them with estimated prices as required.
- Update online BvA system.
- Supporting the SC Assistant and related functions in procurement and office maintenance/cleaning.
- Supporting the SC Assistant to make sure all accommodation are provided for IRC guests and staff from other regions, offices visiting IRC field office.
- At least three years of prior professional experience in a similar post.
- Ability to work independently
- Good interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion
- Ability and willingness to work and travel throughout Iraq.
- Arabic speaking, English highly preferred
How to apply
Qualified Candidates should submit Cover Letters with their CVs attached electronically to Iraq.firstname.lastname@example.org with indicating the position they are applying for in the subject of the email.
Closing Date is 22nd Oct 2017
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.