Rights Respected, People Protected
NRC is operating in Iraq since 2010 to respond to the needs of the most vulnerable people affected by on-going conflict in the region. It has its country office in Erbil, KR-I and has area offices in Baghdad, Dohuk, Erbil, Kirkuk and Hamam Al-Alil.
NRC national program strategy for 2016 takes a whole of Iraq approach focusing on CCCM, WASH, Shelter, Education, Emergency Cash modalities, housing and land property (HLP) and Information Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA). In 2016, NRC will continue to consolidate operations in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KR-I) by providing care and maintenance facilities in IDPs camps, strengthening the relevant government authorities and building systems more at community levels as opposed to household level for successful exit, while also considerably scaling up operations in the South-Central regions of Iraq (with focus on the Anbar and Baghdad Governorates). A further priority will be to reach populations in harder to access areas through working with implementing national partners, established community network contacts and UN-led Rapid Response Mechanisms (RRM). Target caseload will be people affected by displacement including IDPs in camps, IDPs outside of camps, host communities, returnees and refugees.
The purpose of logistics officer position is planning, organizing and coordination of the logistics and procurement duties, functions and responsibilities to ensure efficient and effective delivery of goods and services in support of programme implementation.
The logistics officer will be reporting to Logistics coordinator.
The position is based in Hamam Al Ail, Nineveh.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
A university graduate with at least 2 years of experience as logistics officer in humanitarian or recovery context is required. Fluency in written and spoken English Arabic is mandatory. Knowledge of humanitarian principles and code of conduct.Good computer application skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, database required.
Key Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Negotiation and contracting with suppliers, vendors, providers and contractors of goods and services protecting the interest of NRC in same in relation to pricing, quality, time, delivery etc.
- Ensure that proper procurement tracking systems are in place.
- Organize /facilitate procurement committee meetings as and when needed
- Prepare plan of action for logistic department and submit to AM and Logistic Manager
- Ensure that fleet and warehouse procedures are in place and adhere to
- Under the guidance of support coordinator, coordinate with Program teams for timely delivery and distribution of goods & services for beneficiaries
- Support program teams in developing procurement plans and provide any information related to logistics for planning purposes.
- Identification and obtaining of all resources required to ensure smooth functioning of field logistics operations.
- Ensure that procurement status reports are updated at all times and are shared with the programme and finance staff on weekly basis.
- Ensure proper vehicle utilization, maintenance, fuel consumption, monitoring and controls systems Coordinate the receipt of items for loading/dispatch of goods and equipment to field offices.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and team working skills
- Geographical area knowledge
- Local market knowledge
- Good computer application skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, database and network communications
The post will be for (2) two months contract duration with possibility of extension- subject to funds.
Salary: 5/1 according to NRC-Iraq's salary scale.
Benefits: Health insurance.
Duty Station: Hamam Al Alil, Nineveh Area Office with some visits to NRC field offices.