OXFAM PURPOSE: To work with others to overcome poverty and suffering
JOB PURPOSE: Gives support administrative and HR support to HRM and the program.
· Supervising/ monitoring resources within defined boundaries or a specialist area, which may include people, assets and/or budgets.
· Providing support and advice to managers on areas of work covered in their remit.
· Provides support for and implements operational plans to agreed standards.
· Assists with the development of solutions to diverse and complex problems and develops solutions to more routine problems.
· Applies information received in a variety of formats primarily from internal sources.
· Flexibility to anticipate and resolve challenges within the operational context.
· Impact of this role is significant within the department and could have some impact division(s)-wide.
· Influence functional/ operational or specialist planning.
· Influence staff and volunteers in Oxfam and develop effective relationships with external bodies.
· Support the Country HR & Admin Manager in all HR matters for the Country Programme.
· Supports the Country HRM in all recruitment processes including ensuring that all staff have up-to-date contracts
· Co-ordinates induction processes for the new employees and maintains induction processes
· Prepares contracts and key HR documents in close liaison with the Country HR& Admin Manager.
· Manages relations with medical service providers, monitors medical expenses and ensures medical staff records are handled and kept in a confidential manner.
· Maintains up to date records for staff (GOLD and manual files)
· Ensures that information required for payroll is provided in time and that all staff on the payroll have up-to-date documents and file
· Manages and maintains staff leave, R&R and attendance schedules.
· Liaises with the lawyers for visa and residence permits in close consultation with the Country HR & Admin Manager.
· Coordinates and supports the Logistics Assistant in terms of raising requisitions forms, preparing payment request, and other relevant documents regarding purchasing office and Administration requirements
· Lead person on Health and Safety and ensures that H&S standards in the programme meet Oxfam Standards
· Makes travel and accommodation arrangements for staff and visitors coming into the country and travelling to the field in close liaison with the Logistics team.
· Responsible for the entire office filing; advises on appropriate document filing and retrieval systems for all project documents and archiving.
· Makes sure all OXFAM premises (Office(s) and Guesthouses) in Erbil are well organized, functioning well and make sure that they are clean and tidy at all times.
· . Reports issues of repairs and maintenance in the office and GHs to logistics on time and follow-up to make sure the problem is fixed.
· Coordinates with Logistics and line managers regarding office space for newcomers.
· Make sure office facilities (desk, chair, stationary.....etc) are provided for newcomers before their starting date with OXFAM.
· Manages cleaning staff and make sure there are enough office supplies (cleaning and kitchen materials and stationary) available in the office and GHs.
· co-ordinate and maintain staff administrative records such as staff mobile phones sim cards and mobile phone credit cards
· Coordinate with It Office regarding computer, and Oxfam email account for newcomers.
· Updates and maintain internal staff contact lists
· type documents, reports and correspondence
· organize travel arrangements for staff
· ensure office equipment is properly maintained and serviced
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
· Suitable qualifications in the relevant field.
· At least 1-2 years experience in a similar role
· Well developed interpersonal and team skills and proven ability to be flexible in demanding situations.
· Experience of management/supervisory responsibilities.
· Good written and spoken English and Kurdish...
· Pleasant and courteous personality
· Efficient and organized
· Possesses initiative, patience, tact, and able to work with minimum supervision
· Able to work under pressure and in insecure areas.
· Sympathy with the aims and objectives of Oxfam.
· Commitment to humanitarian principles and action.
Commitment to Oxfam’s equal opportunity and gender policies.
OXFAM is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
Please submit your application and CV in English detailing your experience for the post and include daytime telephone contacts to Iraqjobs@oxfam.org.uk before the deadline
Please Indicate the Job Title and the location in the subject line.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.