PURPOSE OF DIVISION:
Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) is an international relief and development charity which envisages a caring world where people unite to respond to the suffering of others, empowering them to fulfil their potential. We are an independent Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) founded in the UK in 1984. Working in 47 countries, we promote sustainable economic and social development by working with local communities to eradicate poverty, illiteracy and disease. We also respond to disasters and emergencies, helping people in crisis. Islamic Relief provides support regardless of religion, ethnicity or gender and without expecting anything in return.
Islamic Relief (IR) has been working in Iraq for more than 14 years. IR was on the ground throughout the military incursions and is one of the few aid agencies that continued working during and after the 2003 war.
Islamic Relief Iraq is implementing several projects in the sector of Food, WASH, Health, Education, GBV, and shelter.
Islamic Relief Iraq is seeking an Executive Support Officer (ESO) to provide executive and administrative assistance to the Country Director. The ESO is a key player that ensures the smooth running of all the office affairs on a day to day basis. Providing a professional, high quality and confidential service.
The jobholder is accountable for fulfilling his or her roles and responsibilities in line with Islamic Relief’s values and principles of fairness, humanity, honesty, respect and fair treatment of their colleagues and staff.
The jobholder will report to the Country Director regularly, on the basis of the Country Strategy and annually defined key performance indicators (KPIs).
· Create, compose, and edit technical and/or correspondence and documentation; screens and evaluates incoming and outgoing correspondence and prepare responses as appropriate
· Organise, facilitate, and follow up issues related to meetings and other special events for the Country Director
· Serve as primary point of administrative contact for internal and external affairs of the Country Director
· Pro-actively support the development of forward plans to determine demands from across the organisation, on Country Director
· Provide a professional, high quality service to guests and visitors of Islamic Relief Iraq
· Arrange meetings, workshops and events promoting and presenting Islamic Relief projects in a professional manner
· Work with the communications department in promoting and publicising the Islamic Relief Iraq’s programmes on the website, social media and through publications
· Coordinate internal communications across the organisation
· Take accurate and meaningful minutes / notes / action plans of country management meetings.
· Collate and format updates of reports for Country Director
· Translate written and oral communications from Arabic and Kurdish
· Provide administrative support for the Country Director to include managing the schedule/calendar, making travel arrangements, screening and handling telephone communications, greeting and directing visitors, and dealing with administrative problems and enquiries as appropriate.
· Research information, compile statistics, and gather and compute various data; prepare special and/or one-off reports, summaries, or replies to enquiries, selecting relevant data from a variety of sources.
· Establish and maintain appropriate filing and recording systems, collecting, copying and distributing documentation as required.
· Ensure the Country Director is kept aware of registration and legal requirements
· Support the work of other departments and functions as directed by the Country Director
· Assist in developing the office annual plan, and preparing and collating weekly, monthly and quarterly progress reports.
· Proven experience of senior administrative / PA experience
· Experience of working in a fast-paced environment with an international approach
Knowledge and skills
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Strong organisational skills
· Strong writing, editing and reporting skills; with a particular attention to detail
· Organisational skills in office administration, specifically experience of setting up office filing, management and archiving systems and processes.
· Ability to draft minutes, reports, letters, emails effectively
· Ability to help prepare presentations for the Country Director for meetings
· Ability to gather basic data, compile information and prepare reports
· Good knowledge of effective office management principles and procedures
· Sound understanding of humanitarian and development work and the sector
· Good team-working skills, able to work in a cooperative manner
· Good ability to diligently acquire relevant information from others and coordinate input
· Ability to work calmly under pressure to tight deadlines and balance competing priorities
· Willingness to work autonomously, and take initiative
· Ability to work in a way that is discreet and maintains confidentiality
· IT literate with a command of MS Office applications, in particular Word and Powerpoint
· Fluent written and spoken English, Arabic and Kurdish
· Degree-level in a Business Administration, management or a related field
Key personal qualities
· Is committed to integrity and Islamic Relief Values, upholding the highest standards in conduct
· Protects the reputation and integrity of others through strict confidentiality and able to demonstrate a high level of trust
· Willingness to work unsociable hours, including some weekends
· Willingness and ability to travel if required
· Strong emotional intelligence and resilience, and able to maintain composure - acting in a calm and measured way, in difficult situations
· A positive demeanour / disposition, and able to overcome setbacks and motivate others
· Is highly flexible and able to adapt to changing situations and priorities
· A learning attitude and a continuous improvement philosophy
The application period closes on (21/Oct/2017) Applicants may submit their Cover Letters and resumes with their Address, Telephone number and contact information) to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please mention the position title (Executive Support Officer) in subject of the email.
This position is only for Iraqi nationals.